I had my day all planned out. I was going to:
- wake up early.
- detangle/shampoo/deep condition my hair.
- work on my homework for yoga teacher training.
- cook a white bean and kale stew.
- write a post here, about last night’s meditation class. Laurie read our energy again. This time my energy presented itself to her as a tiny, trickling waterfall. She surmised that it meant my mantra work is beginning to take effect. That little cascade is divine love, making its way into my life.
- take Lauren’s Vinyasa class tonight.
Instead, I woke up late, at 9:45. I suppose my body needed the rest.
I languished in bed, reading The Path to Love and scrolling through my twitter timeline intermittently. I got out of bed around 10:15, parted my hair into eight sections to begin the process of detangling. Checked the mail, made myself some lime-flavored water with my Citrus Zinger. Then I returned to my room to see a breaking news bulletin interrupting a daytime talk show. Shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, CT.
At first it seemed that the situation was under control, that most of the children were lead from the school unscathed.
Now we know better. Twenty-seven people are dead. Most of them were students. Babies.
And now all I can do is pray.